Do Whatever It take to Communicate

The biggest advantage of race radios isn't what you think it is.

In the middle-90s in cycling only the leader were connected by a radio/headset to the team manager who sat in the car and told the leader what he had to do while driving. Or only riders who had a reputation as being the eyes and ears of the pack had a radio too. But not the domestiques („servants") had a radio -they were the unconnected part of the team. That means that only a little part had information for the tactical plan or the next kilometres of the race.

But in 1999 changed something. There were one team where everyone had a race radio. Everyone was connected to everyone. The name of the Team was US Postal Service. The American team had this advantage of technology first. Because of that fact they could react faster.

Some of you know the discussion after a race where everyone said "I though you would go with the breakaway".

I thought that all trainers, managers or coaches tell her athlete brilliant things- like tactical things he/she has to do for winning. But I was wrong.
After time of thinking I came to the conclusion that if I would be the voice in an athlete’s ear - I would push them mental. I would be the voice which remembers to your basics, which is a support for you mind. How often your body tell you that here is the end? And how often you continue and continue?
I agreed to often to my body and I didn't continue that much how
I would like.

Keine Kommentare: